Our two principal purposes are to support (where possible and appropriate):
• any member of the community who is in need.
• any village initiatives that seek to add to the quality of village life.
To fund our endeavours, we run an annual programme of social events. These include the Bi-annual Auction at the Spur, the Scarecrow Competition, the Countryside Quiz and a cycle of other social occasions.
The Club is made up of twelve members of the village.
Typical areas of support have included:
• specific development projects in the two schools
• a hearing loop system in St Mary’s Church
• play and safety features for the sports field and children’s play areas
• the Millennium Village Cricket sign
• a number of benches and commemorative trees
• sponsoring young members of the community providing service
• sponsoring ‘A Resident’s Quick Guide to Slindon’
• transport to village events for those who find it difficult to make their own way there.